PT. Bayan Resources Tbk (BYAN) and/or Bayan Group is committed to and complies with the provisions of valid laws and regulations and supports the Government of Indonesia in eradication of corruption. Therefore Bayan Group stipulates Anti-Corruption Policy applicable in Bayan Group environment which involves all employees, work partners and government instances in relation with head office and mine sites.
The purposes of the implementation of Anti-Corruption Policies are:
- To prevent material or immaterial losses which may disrupt Bayan Group viability.
- To improve the compliance and discipline of Bayan Group with laws, regulations and code of ethics as well as to support government programs to prevent corruption acts in Indonesia.
- To increase awareness of high ethics in establishing work relationship with external parties, in this regard business partners and government institutions or parties related to Bayan Group.
Types of actions categorized as Corruption
Breach of laws, regulations and policies of Company by any individual or group of Bayan Group employees through intentional actions to enrich themselves or other persons or groups in manners which may cause losses to Company finances such as:
- Abuse of authority, opportunity or facilities available to them due to their positions or capacities.
- Offer, accept and/or promise something to an official or internal or external business partner in order to encourage the person to perform or not perform an act in their capacity, which are in conflict with their obligations.
- Commit embezzlement of money or commercial paper within their possession due to their position or capacity, or allow the money or commercial paper to be taken or embezzled by other parties, or assist such taking or embezzlement.
- Give and/or receive gifts or promises to/from a person in internal or external circle by considering the power or authority invested in their position or capacity.
- Breach the provisions of laws expressly stating such breaches as corruption acts.
- Attempt to assist or conspire to commit corruption acts.
- Offer assistance, opportunities, facilities or information to commit corruption acts.
Commitment of Bayan Group
Any individual and/or work units in Bayan Group, both in head office and mine sites, will attempt their best to compete and secure all cooperation or business opportunities in fair and legal manner and to negotiate contracts fairly and openly, regardless of any pressures from external parties.
Bayan Group will conduct business and/or work in legal, ethical, honest and professional manner in line with the Company code of ethics and vision and mission. This practice is carried out in all Bayan Group activities.
Sanctions and consequences for identified corruption acts:
Sanctions and consequences for breaches of Company policies, particularly anti-corruption policies, which are committed by both individuals and groups include:
- Termination of employment
- Penalty of a minimum amount of twice the amount of corruption.
- Prosecution of the person according to legal system valid in the Republic of Indonesia.
Participation of Employees and External Parties
- Employees and external parties may participate in and assist the efforts to prevent and eradicate corruption by informing the Company through Whistleblowing system through the email email@example.com regarding any corruption act involving Bayan Group.
- Bayan Group gives appreciations to any employee and external party who assist in the prevention, eradication and disclosure of corruption acts in accordance with company policies.